Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Story


Last week I had a lot of fun writing my first news story. At first I had no idea what to write but when I got home my mom said I should write on the El Grito Festival happening in Salinas that weekend. I had no clue what El Grito was so I looked it up and asked a few of my friends. I decided to go to the festival and I felt extremely out of place and awkward. I knew I had to interview some people to get a good story for my article but I was very scared and being rejected and looking stupid. After mentally preparing to go ask someone I finally went and did it. It turns out there everyone was very friendly and one person even gave me their number if I decided I had more questions later. I even saw the mayor of Salinas and asked him a couple questions. He was very nice and I had never met him before. I then relaxed and enjoyed the festival. I got the best baked potato I have ever eaten and some horchata that was delicious. It was a very fun day and I think I got over my fear of interviewing people. I had a lot of fun then writing the paper and I think I did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment